Un-edited Live session – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKKAhmZfDrg&feature=share
Tony Bemus, Mat Enders, and Mary Tomich
Sound bites by Mike Tanner
Kernel News: Mat
Distro Talk: Tony
- 9-15 – pfSense 2.1 – open-source and customised distribution of FreeBSD tailored for use as a firewall and router:
- 9-15 – ArtistX 1.5 – Ubuntu-based distribution and live DVD with a large collection of multimedia applications and graphics software
- 9-16 – Zorin OS 6.4 “Educational” – an updated version of the project’s Ubuntu-based distribution with a collection of educational software
- 9-16 – OS4 OpenLinux 14 – Ubuntu-based desktop Linux distribution focused on ease of use
- 9-19 – Untangle Gateway 10.0 – Debian-based network gateway with modules for network applications like spam blocking, web filtering, anti-virus, anti-spyware, intrusion prevention, bandwidth control, captive portal, VPN and firewall
- 9-19 – Zentyal 3.2 – Ubuntu-based distribution designed for small business servers:
- 9-19 – Tails 0.20.1 – Debian-based distribution with Tor integration designed for increased anonymity on the Internet,
Distro of the Week: Tony
- Bodhi – 1383
- Monjaro – 1413
- Ubuntu – 1711
- Debian – 2297
- Mint – 3049
Linus Torvalds worries about how Linux will handle end of Moore’s Law
Recurses through the sub-directories located below the one you are in. My two favorite ways to use it are by pipe’ing it to less or redirecting the output to a file.
If you just want a long list of the contents of the directory your in.
ls -l or vdir
This lets you move up one directory from the current directory.
This lets you go back to the last directory you were in.
This will return you right to your home directory.
Scrolls you up or down through your terminal buffer.
SHIFT + Page Up or SHIFT + Page Down
Auto complet file or command
Reverse search you bash history. Just start typing part of the command, then to run it as is press enter, to edit the command either press the right or left arrow keys. To cycle through other commands that match the search terms keep pressing Ctrl+R until you reach the one you are looking for. To exit the search without selecting anything Ctrl+G.
show (at) smlr.us or 313-626-9140
G.M.B. (Gimme More Beer) by Midnight Madness
This content is published under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.